Sunday, January 23, 2011

The words of others

I haven't been on here for a bit.  Something has been bothering me. 

 I have  a relative that, among other unkind and inappropriate things, once told me I was disgusting.  Surprisingly that wasn't the final straw.  Another snotty comment was.  Anyway, I have not spoken to this person in a little over two years (I ended a couple of other unhealthy relationships, not long before I ended this one).  This person contacted me last week, and wants me to call.  To be honest, I have absolutely no interest in re-connecting.

Funny the call should come during the time I have become interested in blogs.  Oh my goodness!  There are sooooo many different kinds out there...absolutely overwhelming. I digress, back to the story.  I have been reading all the kind and supportive comments TOTAL STRANGERS  are telling each other, thank you so much Dawn.  Your comments are very appreciated!

Anyway, it is striking how different the two are.  I have not returned this person's call, yet.  It gives me a stomach ache everytime I think of it.

I spoke to my former daugher-in-law (not the same person) this afternoon.  She has a 10 month old baby, and has been doing great in her weight-loss.  I made sure to tell her she was doing great and that I was proud of her.  She is also very supportive of me.  Can you imagine?  I am among (what some would say) one of the worst groups there is...an EX MOTHER-IN-LAW, and Miss Heather is very supportive of me and my efforts.  Why not this relative?  Anyhoo...

I am proud of all of us out there who are working to loose weight, become healthy and improve our lives and self image. WE CAN DO THIS!  Keep up the great work of supporting each other.  It is very encouraging.

No comments:

Post a Comment