Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Update

Woohoo!  I'm down 8 pounds!  Not feeling so great today, my grandson and I both have tummy bugs, so I should go down some more (yeah, I count on that too). 

My eating has been good, oatmeal, toast and milk for breakfast, roast beef hash for lunch, chicken, rice pilaf and asparagus for dinner.  If you'll notice, there are some things missing.  We don't eat enough fruit and vegetables.  We tend to eat mostly starch and protein.  Combine that with not moving enough and that is probably my problem right there.

I have my pedometer and that is very motivating to compete with myself and try to increase the number of steps every day.  I am surprised at how much I am moving.  For a while I did not try to increase and just noted my numbers at the end of the day, just to see how a normal day was.  I was very surprised.  They say 2000 steps are about 1 mile.  I normally get in 3500 to 4000 steps, sometimes even over 6000.  I have a desk job and thought I was pretty sedentary. 

I do try to walk on my breaks, however, with not sleeping well, I take a nap on my afternoon break.  I would like to stop that and start walking.  I have to try and figure out what to do to get some better sleep.  It is taking hours to fall asleep.  I'm going to the store today and getting some Sleepytime Tea and found my Silent Night herb combo.  Gotta stop taking Nyquil to get to sleep.  Here's hoping...

No comments:

Post a Comment