Monday, January 10, 2011

A book

Over the weekend, I came across a book review on Amazon.  The book is The No S Diet.  I'm not really one to jump on this diet or that (too lazy), buuut, the esses this book talks about is - no sweets, no snacks and no seconds (except on days that start with S and Special Occasions).  And it got me to thinking, back when I was a kid, I was not allowed snacks before eating (might spoil my appetite), and not allowed very many sweets (not good for you).  I think I probably had seconds here and there.  Anyway, I was not an overweight kid at all.  And back then, there wasn't NEARLY the obesity there is now.  Maybe the old rules may have something to them. 

And, why is there so much obesity now?  Life is so incredibly fast paced and busy, I just don't understand it.

I did pretty good on no snacks and sweets today.  Oatmeal, toast and milk for breakfast, water and Taco Bell Fresco Chicken soft tacos for lunch (about 550 calories).  Dinner was not so great.  My son usually cooks dinner, but had a tooth pulled today, so he was not up to it.  I cooked spanish rice, corn and corn tortilla quesadillas.  I didn't have a quesadilla though, not all that hungry.  I have also been trying to drink more water.  Trying is the word here.  I keep forgetting, but I did good today.  I have a big glass at work, 20 oz maybe, and I filled it at least 3 times, maybe 4.

Well, I'm off for a hot lavender bubble bath.  Since I stopped taking the new arthritis medicine, I am hurting a lot in the evenings again.  The hot bath cuts back on the pain and lavender is supposed to help you sleep.  We shall see. 

No comments:

Post a Comment