Saturday, March 19, 2011

A Watched Pot Never Boils?

So, being tired of seeing the same number on the scale, day after day, for a month I stopped weighing myself.  Then Friday I got back on the scale and what do you suppose has happened?  I lost 2 pounds!  Yay!  Hopefully I am no longer stuck and back on my way to losing.  Fingers crossed.

On to something a bit more important.  I live with my son and 10 year old grandson.  For all intents and purposes, I am filling in as the role of Mom to my grandson Cade.  He is a bit different, can't quite put my finger on it.  It could be the trauma of his early childhood before he came to live with his dad, he could be ADD, it could be lack of oxygen to the brain from his birth, it could be his mother's drug use during early pregnancy, just don't know, it could be a combination of things.  More than likely it is.  Anyway, he needs a lot of attention (not constant, just a lot) and I have been feeling guilty about the amount of time I am spending on the computer.  I feel I will need to cut back on the time I am on the blogs.  I really hate to do that, because I feel so close to so many of you and don't want to lose any ground.  But I just have to.  I am not quitting, just cutting back.  And so, with that,

Thank you all so much for your support, I have come to care very much for so many of you ladies.  I hope everyone has a lovely first day of Spring and a wonderful weekend!  Carla

6 comments:

  1. Happy First Day of Spring to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Carla - congrats on the 2lbs! That's awesome! understand your need to help your grandson, but be sure you don't start to neglect yourself, ok? (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hay wonderful news on the loss. Family is ALL important and these days with youngsters are precious in their lives and you can't get them back later on. You enjoy the time you need to spend with your son and Cade and pop in and say Hi to us whenever you have a little time, it doesn't matter how long it is between visits...will be lovely to catch up with you whenever. Let us know if there is anything we can do to help xXx
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOOHOOOO! TWO POUNDS IS AWESOME!!!!!

    I hear ya on cutting back, and I support you, too. One of my sons has a very intense personality, so I can sorta relate.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on the two lbs. lost, that's wonderful! Since I have two sons with ADHD, I know what a lot of extra time kids can sometimes need. Don't feel guilty at all about cutting back. Family comes first, what you are doing for your grandson & son is so important. God bless you, Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for understanding. He is asleep right now, so just wanted to pop in and say thanks. Cade is usually up at 5:30am asking for a jillion things and wanting to talk. Anyway, I hope everyone has a great week. Carla

    ReplyDelete