For receiving my award, I am to tell 7 things about myself. Here they are:
1. I have held many different jobs over the years - waitress (most hated), live-in housekeeper at a retirement home, garden department at Home Depot (one of my faves), interpreter for hearing impaired children, daycare teacher (another one of my faves), and now bookkeeper (one of my least faves-boring).
2. I have moved over 50 times. I stopped counting at 50. I have lived in 3 different states - California (home), Nevada (my favorite) and Oregon (hate it here-I'm sorry if I have any Oregon readers, don't mean to offend). I start getting itchy feet after awhile and need to go. I am hoping to move back to southern California within the next year. My parents are there and getting on in years. Hopefully this will be my last move. I believe I am ready to settle down. Some may call me unstable. I call it adventurous, I want to see what's out there. As a result, I LOVE road trips. I have family and friends who have never lived anywhere other than the area they grew up in, they are too afraid. To me, this is so sad, to not get to experience life in other places.
3. I can work on my own car. Before the easy access to the Internet, I used to go to the library, find the appropriate shop manual, copy the page and go home and fix my car.
4. I would love to get a degree in Geology and/or Horticulture. Science was my favorite subject in school. Especially earth sciences and oceanography. My grandson loves science too, I am so proud.
5. I have one younger brother, but come from a very large, loving extended family. At least on my Mom's side. They settled in the San Joaquin Valley in California, during the Depression and bought a farm. We used to have some WONDERFUL family get togethers. Bonfires and all. FOOD FOOD FOOD!!! So good.
6. I believe in setting a nice table for all meals at home. At our house, that is usually breakfast and dinner. Too many niceties have fallen by the wayside.
7. I would like to become a vegetarian. I am finding that the older I get, the less I like any kind of meat (except fish-love fish). My mom, her sisters and their daughters are the same way.
Ok, so there you have it. Hope you all have a lovely day. Spring is on its way!