Thursday, August 23, 2012

Our Mothers

203

While surfing other blogs, I came across one that talked about her mother and their relationship.  At least that part of it that related to diet and weightloss.  Boy is that a loaded topic!  The comments on this post all ran along the same lines as this post.  I had no idea other people had "stuff" when it came to their moms and their bodies.  And I am no different.  My mom has been almost obsessed with hers and other peoples weight for as long as I can remember.  I remember her and my stepdad telling me at 17 (and 105 pounds) I was getting fat.  But that is a topic for another time, when I am ready to talk about it.

The point of this post is:  the other blog I mentioned and the comments all ran along the lines of the mothers (and some fathers) not taking care of themselves and the moms were all around my age.  The health issues mentioned kind of scared me and opened my eyes.  I have been just kind of skating along with blinders on for the last few months, making excuses for myself that I was just too busy with my move to L.A. to think about it.  Gotta look for work, fill out apps, pack, organize and clean the house, go shopping, on and on and on.  I have come up with just about every excuse you can think of.

No comments:

Post a Comment