Wednesday, August 15, 2012

More Misc.

204.4

Perspective
I have noticed when exercising, that sometimes my perspective is different.  Most of the time my attitude is "UUGGGHH!  Gotta go exercise!"  But sometimes, it is the opposite.  It feels good afterwards.  Sometimes I am crying through the whole thing because the pain in my joints and connecting tissue is so great.  This isn't coming out how I had it figured out in my head.  I enjoy taking a hot bath because it makes me feel better.  I take my pain pills because it makes me feel better.  I LOVE laying down because it feels better.  That is how I need to look at exercise, because it feels better.  I need to look at exercise with the same anticipation as I do my hot baths or lying down.  And occasionally I do.  But it needs to be all the time.  On Monday, Wednesday, Friday I do leg exercises.  On Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday I do arm exercises.  On all the days I do 2 planks, 20 seconds each.  Or at least, this is the goal.  Planks are the hardest things I have ever done.  Also, I intersperse a little yoga in there.  I highly recommend Cat/Cow for a stiff and achy back.  Do it slowly and gently, and don't stretch as far as you can.  Just do the slow, easy movements.  And then I finish the whole thing off with Downward Dog.  It just about always feels so great.  I don't know why I dread and put it off.  As I said, it does hurt sometimes, but not always.

Sleep
I took the whole Ambien last night.  I have been awake since 1:30am.  Not working.  Going to sleep is not the problem.  Staying asleep is.

No comments:

Post a Comment