Thursday, July 16, 2015

Arthritis and Exercise

217 pm

I do believe my little bit of exercising is beginning to pay off.  I have severe arthritis in my hips, knees and spine.  Years ago, I went to PT when it was just my knees.  They showed me some exercises to do.  Of course, I just kind of dabbled at it. Here and there.  And when I decide to get back at it, again, I go back to these old exercises; with a bit of yoga thrown in.

I do them in the morning after my pain pills have kicked in (AHHH) and after my shower when my muscles and joints are most flexible.  Don't worry, I don't work up much of a sweat.  That's not the point right now, anyway.  Right now, I am just trying to strengthen very weak muscles.

At the end of the day, I am in so much pain, I can barely put one foot in front of the other.  Right now, 8 pm, I am doing ok.  Better than usual. 

No comments:

Post a Comment