Sunday, January 15, 2012

New Books

Hello All,
I hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend!

In my last post, I mentioned my exercise routines.  They are taken from the books shown at left in the column, "Books I'm Reading".  I highly recommend all of them.  They are a straightforward, common sense approach to exercise.  Especially if you don't have access to a gym.  You need only a few items - hand weights and an exercise mat like those used in yoga.

The first, Getting in Shape, is the main book I use.  It is an excellent book.  It teaches you about stretching, aerobics and resistance training.  It has 32 workout programs, but my favorite is a basic, progressive workout program.  It has five levels, each building on the last.  And if you are too out of shape for the basic program, there is even something called, The Program Before the Program, to get you ready for the main one.

The second one, Fresh Start, is the Stanford Medical School Health & Fitness Program.  It has a wealth of information on proper nutrition and exercise.

The last one, The Complete Book of Abs for Women, has a several week program that also builds on the previous level and many other routines so that you can customize a program for yourself.  There is even and entire section for expectant women.  This book is thorough in teaching you about your body and the effects the exercises will have on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment