Monday, January 23, 2012

Carbs

So, I am a HUGE fan of carbs.  The bad ones.  More specifically, potatoes, white bread and white rice. Especially potatoes.  I have discovered they don't work too well for me, being a diabetic.  Thankfully I am not taking medication yet, still able to control it with diet.

I have also discovered, if I have too much, especially around dinner, I wake up itching like crazy.  The itching is soooo bad, I don't know where to start scratching first.  I have scratches (drawn blood) on my ankles and the tops of my feet.  The itching is everywhere though.  I experimented last night and had very little carbs and no itching.  Heavy, heavy sigh.  I LOVE potatoes. 

I guess I am going to have to cut back on carbs.  I am not sure how this would work for a diabetic since they need to have a consistant amount throughout the day.  If anyone has any advice on this, I would sure love to hear from you.  Thanks, and have a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment